I have been making these muffins for a long time. I have the recipe just the way I like it and it is my go-to desert recipe that I make for lunches for the week. I don’t feel too guilty about eating these – as opposed to stuffing my face with decadent delicious fatty cupcakes [Mmmmm fatty cupcakes] Sometimes I also add walnuts and I think cranberries would be good in there too. And if I’m in an extra chocolate-y mood, I will throw a tablespoon of cocoa powder in there too.
BANANA DARK CHOCOLATE OATMEAL MUFFINS
[makes 10 muffins]
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bananas mashed (2-3)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or more…)
- Combine oats and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To soaked mixture, add melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- Add wet mixture and chocolate chips to dry ingredients and stir only until flour is moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. [I bake mine for about 18-19]