Cranberry & baked apple oatmeal
So this cold decided it was staying for the long haul. Just when I started thinking it was almost over last week, it came back with a bang – sore, dry throat, no voice… sheesh someone should tell this cold it’s doing things backwards. So here are some things I did get done between naps and general lack of energy.
- I made jalapeño sesame flaxseed cornbread. Perfect pairing with my sweet potato chilli.
- I baked dark chocolate chip oatmeal banana muffins [and took some photos - recipe will be shared soon!]
- I cleaned a lot. Nothing like inviting friends over to get you off your butt and scrubbing the floor.
- I made zucchini soup [with potatoes, thyme and soy milk]. It’s soup weather again.
- I saw the craziest double rainbow. [proof]
- I drank so much tea that my sweat probably smells like bergamot.
Wow I would make a really good housewife. You know, apart from the sarcasm, refusal to touch meat and general attitude.